Where?

1/1/09

Lots of Skating.

I'm on a roll now. So a couple days ago I skated at UCLA with a pretty big crew. Right as I showed up Tyler and Tislam were already getting beastly on this rail at the Wooden Center.

Unfortunately we were also getting kicked out at the same time so I couldn't really set up for a photo. I dig whip out my camera for a second though and got this shot of Tislam tweaking out a front nose. Can someone tell me what Tislam's full name is? I was in such a rush that didn't even realize I was shooting at 3200 iso. After the rail I spent about an hour shooting photos of Tislam, Josh, and Austin throwing themselves down this ridiculously long set of stairs. Unfortunately none of them landed their shit, so I'm not gonna post the photos.


(Make sure to double click on the video and watch it in HD).
Yesterday (new year's eve), I went skating around Chinatown again. After skating this famous metal ledge spot for a while I busted out the camera right before we left. Max Schwartz stuck this switch backside nosegrind pop out (like a champ) right away, and we moved on to the next spot. I love Max's switch backside nosegrinds and one of my favorite photos I've ever shot was of one: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1433/1395049290_f1ec009d01_o.jpg


After the ledge spot we went to this nearby street gap. This is just a snap shot I took while Josue was warming up. After this he got gnarly and stuck a ridiculous trick, but I'm not gonna post up that photo quite yet.


I also took this video of Josue's ollie, but my camera really couldn't keep up with it in the lowlight and with Josh moving so fast. At least it shows how fucking big this gap is.


Last but not least Whitey came through with this amazing and not at all faked, Airwalk. Steeeze. Check the facial expression, so smooth.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

this is fucking redics!!!!!!

good one whitey!!!

chris

richmond knight said...

sick airwalk flick.

i can't shoot shit like that ;)

Anonymous said...

these are really amazing! i'm so happy you're posting photos again!!

Unknown said...

props